Our website is owned and operated House of Ducentis Ltd. This is the user agreement that governs your use of this website and the provision of the services we provide you. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these website terms at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the changes to these website terms on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. Your continued use of the website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new website terms. It is your responsibility to regularly check the website to determine if there have been changes to these website terms and to review such changes. Please the take time to read these terms as it is important for both of us that you understand our contractual relationship both relating to your use of our website and the services we provide you. Prevailing laws for settling dispute will be based on the location of the company corporate headquarters.
Products and Product Descriptions
All products available for purchase are described on their specific product page on our website. We always try to represent as accurately as possible every characteristic of the products via photography and copy points provided by House of Ducentis Ltd and our suppliers.
We reserve the right to amend the specifications of products, their price, packaging and any service associated at any time, without prior notice. Before ordering, we thus invite you to have a close look at the product description and characteristics.
We do our best efforts to provide you with the best images and description, but unfortunately cannot guarantee that colours and details in website images are 100% accurate representations of the product, and sizes might in some cases be approximate.
We reserve the right to offer deductions on products that have minor damage.
Even if not always mentioned, some self-assembly may be required on certain products.
House of Ducentis Ltd accepts no responsibility for injury or death to any customer or third party resulting from the misuse or accident arising from the moving, unpacking/packing, assembly, or hanging of products. This policy extends to accidents related to injury from falling items, fire, water, broken glass and beyond.
Products may appear in stock when they are not. This also applies to product parts for when House of Ducentis Ltd manufacture the product. House of Ducentis Ltd reserve the right to cancel orders that cannot be fulfilled due to stock levels.
All prices are in pounds sterling (£), and are payable in pounds sterling (£), plus any applicable taxes. These do not include any delivery costs in the UK & Ireland, or possible special or extra charge. These additional prices will be added upon checkout before making payment and appear in your order confirmation page.
Purchase of products
Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us upon dispatch after payment has cleared. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in an dispatch confirmation email do not form part of that contract. The company shall under no circumstances be held liable for any special losses to specific circumstances of the customer, indirect or consequential losses or for loss of profits, damage or property, or wasted expenditure.
Before ordering from us, it is your responsibility to check and determine your full ability to receive the products. This includes ensuring that the product ordered will pass freely into your room of choice, and that they fit in that room, can be transported through the front door of your flat or room, stairs and doorways, and any other issues that could make the delivery more complicated or impossible to process. Up-to-date mobile telephone number and e-mail address are absolutely necessary to ensure successful delivery of your item.
All information asked on the checkout page must be filled in precisely and accurately. We will not be responsible for missed delivery because of wrong delivery address or an inappropriate phone number. All additional charges or costs due to delivery complications or missed delivery would thus be added to your order invoice.
Your debit or credit card is charged for the whole amount of the order when the order is created. House of Ducentis Ltd uses one of the most powerful security systems on the Internet, a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) reinforced by an encryption process in order to protect all significant data related to payment.
We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of refusing or by reason of unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
Delivery and Returns
We deliver to anywhere in UK, Scotland and Ireland. We do not currently deliver outside the UK. Delivery prices will vary depending on delivery location, and additional charges may be added to the order for remote or difficult to access locations that require special attention. The checkout page will show the correct charge for your postcode.
Depending on the item's weight, size and quantity, different carriers and services might be used to deliver your order. In some specific cases, mainly related to larger items, we will offer premium service for which the carrier.
Customers are liable for damage to products during the Returns process. Damaged products will be photographed and emailed and a charge will be made.
We reserve the right to offer partial refunds, full refunds or exchanges for damaged or faulty products that customers wish to exchange. This will be determined at our discretion.
1. If you decide that you would like to return an item and cancel the order before the item has left our premises we will refund payment in full.
2. If you would like to return a delivered item, please let us know within 24 hours of the products arrival and we will arrange a pickup and provide a full refund. We do ask for a series of photographs to demonstrate that the product is not damaged. The product must be in a re-saleable condition and in original packaging with all small items in order for a full refund to be applicable.
3. If the item is damaged or faulty on arrival please photograph the damage and write a short description and send us both the picture and the details by email – we will then look to refund, replace or repair the item. This will be at our discretion.
1. We recommend that customers keep all packaging until they are certain they will be keeping our wonderful products.
2. Customers have 24 hours from delivery signature time to report any damage to the product. We reserve the right to offer either an exchange, refund or partial refund for damaged or faulty items. This will be determined by us, at our discretion.
3. If we feel that customers are taking advantage of our returns and cancelations offer, we reserve the right to charge for delivery, collection and repairs.
4. Remember that if you do decided to return a product you as the customer are liable for any breakages during transit back to us. This means that if the product arrives back broken you will not be entitled to a refund.
5. Please note that bespoke items cannot be returned for free as they are made to measure.
We do everything we can to get the products to you as quickly as possible. A few points of note are listed below:
1. We aim to deliver within 10 working days, however because many of our products are handmade and many require specialist parts to be delivered, we do have a 28 day term of delivery.
2. We cannot guarantee delivery for special dates or holidays.
3. If we think that delivery will take place after 28 days we will inform the customer
4. Customers in Non-mainland England and Wales, Ireland and some parts of Scotland may have to pay delivery charges.
5. Customers from outside the UK will be subject to an additional delivery charge. Please contact us before ordering to find out more.
6. Our delivery service is to the door.
1. Cancellations made before we manufacture or order parts will be actioned with a 100% refund to the customer
2. Cancellations made between manufacture and ordering parts and dispatch will be actioned with a 50% refund
3. Cancellations made after dispatch will be actioned with a 25% refund
4. Customers in Non-mainland England and Wales, Ireland and some parts of Scotland may have to pay return delivery charges.
General Terms of Website
The following terms apply to your general use of our website:
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Commentary and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to definitive advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We aim to update our website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- - All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- - Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- - This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with our content standards.
If you wish to make any use of material on our website other than that set out above, please contact us.
Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
The image contained within our Easter 2015 promotional banner on the House of Ducentis homepage contains altered content based onPraktyczny Przewodnik's original photo "Malowane Jajka / Easter Eggs". This image has been altered for commerical usage under the terms granted by the Creative Commons Atrribution 2.0 Generic Licence. Usage of the creator's work does not in any way suggest that the licensor endorses us, our services, or our usage of their content on our website.